Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Dragon'e Enchantment page 22



Chapter 3:  I Could be King
            When the entourage reached the castle they entered and stood around the great white staircase.  The little ones looked all around at the candelabras, great doors, and halls. Luca remembered how wonderful the palace looked when he hatched from his egg. He was curious to see what was going to happen next and for a time forgot about his anger.    

            “What’s your name?” asked a little princess looking at a prince next to her.

            “The King named me Patrick.” said the prince.

            “I’m Princess Carlea,” the Princess stated.

            Luca listened in with amusement to the conversation but before the royals could say another word Orfa the scribe started to speak.
           
            Orfa stood at the top of the staircase in the middle of the foyer. She looked down at the wide eyed new royals standing hand in hand with their new guides
            . “Welcome to your new home young royals. My name is Orfa.  I am the King’s scribe. Your guides will take you to your rooms. They will show you all you need to know about living in this wonderful place.  Again welcome,” said Orfa spreading her arms wide with a big smile on her face.
             As the guides led their wards up the stairs, Luca turned to leave.
             The guards opened the white castle doors wide. The King was entering on the other side, instead he moved aside for Luca to come out and the guards closed the doors behind them.

            “Luca, glad you came in to see the new royals begin life at the castle. Now is your time Luca.  I want to leave the protection of my young royals in your care while I am away.”

            Luca’s anger returned but he did not reveal it to the King instead he took a humble bow and said,” As you wish,”
           
            “Thank you Luca. I knew I could count on you. This is the assignment I had planned for you since you came into being. I think you will learn to like your new position.”

            Luca was too irritated to reply.

            When the King Omni prepared for his next excursion, he called a meeting in the Celebration hall.  “I am to leave on my first trip since the new royals have joined my family.  While I am away young ones, please take your needs and questions to Luca who will be in charge.”

             Luca was standing at the back of the room and all eyes turned to look at him.  He straightened, smiled and gave a little bow.  All the while he was fuming inside.   

            After the King kissed his children and said his goodbyes, Luca flew quickly to his room before anyone could ask him anything. From that time on as soon as the King left on a

No comments:

Post a Comment