Wednesday, November 4, 2015

the Dragon's Enchantment page 28



what is bothering him.”  The King made his way up to the dragon’s room. Luca was standing before his mirror wearing his crown when the King entered. “I see you have made yourself a crown,” said the King.

“Why not,” purred Luca. “All the royals have one.”

“I see,” said the King, “Is there something you want to talk to me about? Orfa said she heard you talking and that you sounded upset.”

“Well…” Luca looked down, and the fury reignited. “I am sick of being second class around here. I am sick of being treated like a pet!”

“But Luca, you have everything you could want! You are even in charge of the castle while I am gone. My affection for you is beyond measure,” said the King.
           
            “No it’s not. You don’t love me like you love your children. I have felt that love in them when they hug me as I make them gifts. Well, now I want children of my own. I want a family too!” said Luca.

“I am sorry you feel that way, Luca. You have everything you need, and the children adore you.”

“Well, I want my own children-- dragon children like me,” Luca retorted.

“I am sorry, Luca. As I told you, you are one of a kind, and I will make no more dragons,” said King Omni.
           
            This made Luca angry. “Then I will make my own dragon family by changing all your family into my family, Omni!” Luca laughed an evil laugh, flew skyward, and sat on the perch of the high south window. He turned and looked down at the King below and shouted, “I am no one’s pet. I shall be King of my own realm,” Then Luca flew, out the window and away toward the south disappearing over the forest.

King Omni’s heart was sad for the fellowship he had lost with the dragon and longed to reconcile. The guards of the King spent weeks searching caves everywhere but could not find the dragon’s lair.



No comments:

Post a Comment