Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Dragon's Enchantment page 27



Luca, when he saw the King was home, slunk away through a secret passageway behind the throne and made his way to his room.

After receiving all his children the King noticed that the dragon was missing, “Where is Luca today?”

“He was just in here a moment ago, Your Highness. He must have gone up to his room,” Orfa said standing nearby scribbling notes.
           
            “Now I wish he would never come home,” grumbled Luca, as he climbed the stairs in the passageway to his room. “I hate that he loves those little fail beings more than me. I hate when they are not giving me the attention they give him. Most of all, I hate being treated as little more than a pet.”

When he reached his room, Luca went straight to his treasure chest. He took his crown out of his chest and placed it on his head and stood in front of his mirror.

“Is it not I,” said the dragon placing his claws upon his chest, “that makes the entire Kingdom happy?”  Luca dropped his hands and looked away from the mirror.
“That is, until the King comes home.” He looked back at his reflection. “Is it not I who makes those feeble creatures anything they want?”   Luca clasped his claws together, placed them by his cheek dramatically, and looked up, “I do enjoy the praise and thanks.”   Dropping his claws he frowned and looked back in the mirror. “But on the other hand, I hate the love they give Omni. I want my own kind to love and worship me! This he said almost shouting.  Luca started to think.  He put his hand on his chin looking at himself in the mirror.  His face brightened with an idea, “Why not take over the castle and raise my family here?  I should be King of the land!” He covered his mouth with his claws thinking, “I hope someone didn’t hear that.”Orfa was heading to the archive of scrolls. She was going to put a scroll away when she heard Luca talking in his room. Orfa walked to his doorway and looked in she saw the dragon in his jewels staring at himself in the mirror claw over his mouth, “Who are you talking to?”
Luca dropped his claw and smiled, “Just talking to myself.”
           
            “If there is a problem, I am sure the King would like to hear about it,” said Orfa.

“No, no, I am fine,” shrugged Luca, “Thank you for asking, Orfa.”

Orfa said nothing more but made her way down to the Celebration Hall.
           
            “I should be careful,” Luca said when he heard Orfa had left the hallway.  He put one of his claws to his cheek.  Poking his cheek gently he started to pace his room, “I need to plan.”
           
            When Orfa entered the Celebration Hall she saw the King was still visiting with his children. “Your Majesty,” she said bowing, “Forgive the intrusion, but I was going by the dragon’s tower and heard him talking. He seemed distraught about something. ”

            King Omni rose from his throne. “I will go visit Luca and see if I can find out

No comments:

Post a Comment